The members of the Hellenic Association of Brewers gathered in their Annual General Assembly, on Thursday 4th April 2019. During the assembly, the members elected the new representatives of the management committee, since the previous board completed 3 years of service. Following their election, the board was formed into body and they appointed again Mr. Sofoklis Panagiotou, co-owner of Septem microbrewery, as the resident of the Association.
The President thanked deeply the members of the board for their confidence and ensured that, together with the rest of the members of the management committee, they will continue the difficult task of modernizing the legislative framework of the Greek brewery sector and for enhancing the beer culture in Greece.
The synthesis of the new management committee is as follows:
- President: Mr. Sofoklis Panagiotou | Septem Microbrewery
- Vice -president A: Mr. Alexandros Daniilidis | Athenian Brewery
- Vice-president B: Mr. Ioannis Marmarellis | Siris Microbrewery
- Secretary: Mr. Pantelis Kougios | VAP P. Kougios
- Treasurer: Mr. George Vagias | Athenian Brewery
- Members: Mr. Dejan Beko | Olympic Brewery, Mr. George Denedios | Olympic Brewery, Mr. Pantelis Avramidis | ELIXI Microbrewery
During the General Assembly, the members approved the applications of three new Greek microbreweries as new members of the association. The President, the management committee and the rest of the members welcome their new members to the Hellenic Association of Brewers.
The three new microbreweries are:
- Protipi Synergatiki Nanozythopoiia Patron
- Cretan Breweries – Zidianakis
- Pineios Brewery